Admissions, these days, have become one of the most important aspects one must give proper thought to. The admission procedure of every college is based on either cut off list prepared by the college or marks obtained by the candidates in entrance examinations conducted at the state or national level. Similarly, the admission procedure of PSG College of Arts and Science varies from one program to the other.
More about PSG College of Arts and Science
The college was established in the year 1947 in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. The institute was founded to provide quality higher education to different segments of society. The college has also been accredited with grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) and recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi. The institute focuses on exposing its students to various beneficial opportunities to make them learn, create, and work.
Since its inception, the institute has turned out to be one of the emerging foremost institutions providing quality education.
PSG College of Arts & Science is affiliated to Bharathiar University which is a public university in Tamil Nadu. The application procedure of the college can be achieved through both offline and online mode. It is purely up to the students seeking admission which option they want to go for. PSG College of Arts & Science Cut off primarily depends on the course one has chosen.
- Candidates seeking admission to the undergraduate programs are shortlisted based on the merit list released by the college. The cut off list is prepared based on candidates’ performance in senior secondary school.
- Admission to the postgraduate programs is done on ‘Merit Basis’, which particularly means, marks obtained by the candidates at the undergraduate level.
There are various parameters based on which the rank list is created. The valid registered applicants are shortlisted based on the below mentioned order:
- Date and time of registration as on time registrants are given preference to late registrations.
- Number of attempts a student has made plays a major role.
- The admission is granted based on either Cut off marks or the marks obtained in a particular subject. In case on cut off marks, marks obtained by the candidates in out of 400 are considered.
In case of tie between two registrants, the preference will be given according to the following parameters:
- Higher Total Marks
- Senior in Terms of Age
- Earlier Registration
PSG College of Arts and Science Courses include various program at the undergraduate and postgraduate level and admission to these courses vary from one to another. Candidates must visit the official website of the college and get themselves familiar about the procedure they must go through.